Albacore Tuna INGREDIENTS
- 4- 4 oz (4-115 gm) pieces of albacore tuna
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) roasted sesame oil
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) chili oil
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) toasted sesame seeds
- ½ Bartlett or Asian pear, ripe, yet firm
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) raw pine nuts
- Vegetable oil
- Sea salt
1. First of all combine garlic, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil and chili oil.
2. Next is to place sliced green onion into ice cold water.
3. And then rub the pieces of albacore tuna with vegetable oil and salt on both sides liberally. Heat a heavy frying pan over high heat until just smoking. Place the tuna in the pan and sear until a brown crust forms. Brown both sides. Wrap tightly and refrigerate.
4. Strain the soy mixture through a fine sieve, pressing down on the garlic to extract the flavour. Discard the garlic. Cover and refrigerate.
5. Drain green onion and roll in a paper towel to dry.
6. Core the pear and cut into ¼ inch cubes.
7. Cut each 4 oz piece of albacore tuna with the grain into 12 very thin slices and arrange the tuna in overlapping slices on a plate. Place 1 tsp of mayonnaise to one side of the tuna. Drizzle soy mixture over the tuna and sprinkle with the pear, pine nuts, sesame seeds and green onion. Serve immediately...enjoy it !