SMOKED CANADIAN ALBACORE TUNA “MUFFULETTA”
A great Albacore tuna recipe to try !
Albacore Tuna INGREDIENTS
- 6-12 slices smoked Canadian Albacore tuna (or substitute Canadian Albacore Canned Tuna).
- 1 cup (250 ml) brine-cured black olives, sliced
- 1 cup (250 ml) pimento-stuffed olives, sliced
- ½ cup (125 ml) pepperoncini or banana peppers, chopped
- 1 cup (250 ml) chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup (60 ml) capers
- ¼ cup (60 ml) chopped roasted red peppers
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) minced shallots or red onions
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) finely chopped celery
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) minced garlic
- ½ cup (125 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup (60 ml) wine vinegar
- 1 Tsp (5 ml) olive brine
- 1 ½ tsp (7 ml) freshly ground black pepper
- 6 small sourdough “dinner rolls”
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) garlic herbed cream cheese
- Shredded Romaine lettuce, as needed
1. Combine and mix all Creole Olive Salad ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Yields about 2-1/2 cups.
2. To Serve: Slightly toast rolls and cut each in half. Spread ½ Tbsp (7.5 ml) of garlic herb cream cheese on the bottom half of each roll and pile on some shredded lettuce, then 2-4 slices of smoked Canadian Albacore Tuna, each about ¼ inch (0.5 cm) thick. Top the other half with a heaping tablespoon of the Creole Olive Salad. Assemble the sandwiches, place on a platter and the Albacore tuna recipe is ready to serve....nice ! Enjoy it !