Albacore Tuna INGREDIENTS
- 1 lb (454 gm)Canadian Albacore Tuna Loin
- Spiced Persimmon Chutney
- 1 ½ cup (375 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 cup (250 ml) chopped onion
- ¾ cup (187 ml) sugar
- 2 lemons, juice and zest
- 1 large jalapeno chili with seeds, minced
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp (0.6 ml) ground cloves
- 2 ½ cups (625 ml) chopped peeled Faye persimmons (about 4 medium)
- Quick Preserved Grapefruit
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) kosher salt
- 1 grapefruit, washed and quartered
- 2 cups (500 ml)olive oil
- Rind of quick preserved Grapefruit, julienned
1. First of all In large saucepan, combine all chutney ingredients except persimmons. Next Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. And then Turn heat to medium-low and simmer until mixture is reduced to ½ cup (125 ml), about 40 minutes. Add persimmons and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Cool.
2. In a small sauce pan, combine water and salt and bring to boil. Add grapefruit, cook over medium heat until liquid is reduced to ½ cup (125 ml) and grapefruit rind is tender, about 30-35 minutes. Cool.
3. Heat olive oil in a deep sauté pan until simmering. Add rind of preserved grapefruit and simmer on low until oil is fragrant, about 3 minutes. Immerse Canadian Albacore Tuna in oil and baste until desired doneness. Remove tuna; season with salt and divide into portions.
4. To serve: Serve with Persimmon Chutney; over coconut scented basmati rice, and garnish with pink grapefruit...enjoy the albacore !