A great albacore tuna recipe to try !
Albacore Tuna INGREDIENTS
- 1 bottle red wine (Sangiovese or Chianti)
- 1 baking potato, preferable large and long, peeled
- 6 oz (175 gm) Canadian Albacore Tuna loin, block cut
- (1.5 inch/3.75 cm by 1.5 inch/3.75 cm by 3-inch/7.5 cm piece)
- 2 Tsp (30 ml) melted butter
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml)
- + 1 Tsp (5 ml) oil
- 1 cup (250 ml) chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 onion, minced
- 1 Tsp (15 ml) white wine
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) cream
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) chilled butter, cubed
- chopped chives for garnish
1. Bring red wine to boil in a saucepan, Reduce heat and vigorously simmer until volume is reduced to about ½ cup (125 ml).
2. With a sharp knife, slice potato length-wise as thinly as possible Choose 3 to 4 of the largest slices. Rinse and dry.
3. On a clean cutting board, lay down potato slices – side by side and slightly overlapping – to equal the length of the albacore tuna. Season tuna with salt and pepper and place across slices. Wrap potato slices around fish and transfer to place, seam side down. Pour melted butter evenly over fish; refrigerate until butter solidifies.
4. Meanwhile, sauté mushrooms and onion in 1 tsp/5ml oil over medium-high heat, until lightly caramelized. Add white wine and cook until almost dry. Add cream and reduce by half. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heart, stir in butter and keep warm.
5. Heat skillet over medium high head. Add remaining oil, heat, then sear albacore tuna fish, seam side down first, until crispy golden on all sides.
6. To serve: place mushroom in center of warm plate and top with slices of fish’ spoon red wine sauce around, garnish and the albacore tuna recipe is ready to serve...enjoy !